Hey everyone! I wanted to share a quick unboxing with you guys for my September Birchbox. I am super pleased with this month’s samples! This month I got:
Shiseido Power Infusing Concentrate: I picked this out as my sample choice (I LOVE that they are doing that now!) because I am a huge fan of Shiseido skin care. This is supposed to fight signs of aging and give me a more radiant complexion. If this is anything like their Ibuki line, I know I’ll love it!
Ruffian Naked Nail Polish and Nail Remover Towelette: I’m up to my eyeballs in nail polish, but this a beautiful, polished nail color. I’m really enjoying the formula!
Viva La Juicy Gold Couture Sample Vial: I always feel like a teeny-bopper wearing Juicy Couture perfume, but this smells so good I may just have to get it. I got the La Fleur version a couple of years ago and love it.
Temptu S/B Highlighter in Champagne Shimmer: I’m so glad Temptu is finally at Birchbox. I have the Airpod Starter Kit and it is so much fun to use. The only bummer is the S/B formula has to be used in a different gun type than the airpods (the one they sell on birchbox.com). Luckily, I can just dab it on using my BeautyBlender.
Tocca Hand Cream: I’ve heard a lot about this brand but I haven’t ever tried it. It smells great though! Into the purse is goes!
To join Birchbox, follow the link below!
Want more Birchbox Posts? Click HERE!
Hey guys! I want to share with you a few new products that I’ve been using non-stop over the past month or so. So brands are old favorites, but lately I’ve found myself seeing what other brands are out there!
- Rosebud Lip Salve by Rosebud Perfume Co. I am a lip balm junkie but I always find myself coming back to this. My lips can get VERY chapped and this is the only balm that deeply hydrates them.
- Baublebar Cosmic Dust Strand Necklace. Though not beauty related, I wanted to show this gem some love. I’ve been wearing this beauty over and over again and it gives even the sweetest outfits a bit of edge,
- NARS Contour Palette in Olympia. What’s so special about this contour palette is that the contour shade has a pink tinge to it, making it look very natural on my pale skin. If you’ve been having trouble with contour colors being too dark, give this one a shot!
- MAC Pro-Longwear Concealer in NW15. I’ve been in a love/hate relationship with this previously, but now I love it! It covers up everything and stays put without creasing. I never usually repurchase concealers but this may be an exception.
- Jouer Creme Eyeshadow Crayon in Baroque. I am loving this crayon so much, I may buy a couple more. The consistency is smooth and can easily be smoked out.
- Ben Nye Luxury Powder in Cameo. Guys, this is seriously the best stuff ever. It’s very finely milled and keeps my face matte but not cakey. I had only heard of this brand because of the Banana Powder, but I’m glad I went for the subtle Cameo color instead.
- Le Metier de Beaute Kaleidoscope in Carnaby Street. The colors in this set are GORGEOUS. While pricey, I know I’ll get tons of use out of this set. I absolutely adore how blend-able the colors are and it pairs well with the Jouer stick above.
That’s it for the favorites this month, but I know next month will be full of great stuff as well. I don’t know why, but Fall makes me go makeup crazy! Anyone else?
I once thought all lipliners were the same. They all go under lipstick, so I never thought staying power to be that important. When I purchased Urban Decay 24/7 Lipliner in 69 on a whim at Ulta one day, I mentally chastised myself for wasting money when any red lip pencil could have done.
Well, I was so wrong; this lip pencil has now spoiled me. It is so creamy, smooth, and long lasting that I want to go get more!
69 is a lovely blue-based red with tons of staying power. It helps all of my red lipsticks last a few hours longer between touchups and I’ve even worn it on its own for a matte red lip look. It’s definitely an investment compared to drugstore brands, but I’m now a convert.
Hey everyone! Your’s truly has been selected by Birchbox as one of 3 bloggers to participate in a Google+ Hangout with the founder of Jouer Cosmetics: Christina Zilber! I’ll be asking her a few questions about her products so feel free to comment here with any questions you’d like me to ask!
Jouer has been one of my favorite brands for quite a while. They don’t pump out collection after collection, just good quality products! Their products make me feel beautiful, but not overdone and are super easy to apply. To check out everything Jouer has to offer, visit https://jouercosmetics.com/.
If you’d like to watch the hangout, please visit HERE.
Also, I’d like to give a big shoutout to Birchbox for giving me this opportunity! Thanks!
I’ve been on a matte eyeshadow kick lately. I’m usually quite the shimmer girl, but the natural look of matte shadows has me intrigued. They are easy to wear to work, work well in the crease, and are great for the days you want to look well, Naturally Pretty (see what I did there? :) ). After hearing all of the hype about this palette, I decided to go for it.
The Naturally Pretty palette comes with 14 matte shades and one shimmer “transforming shade.” I put that in quotes because it doesn’t transform the shadows as much as adds a layer of shimmer over top, which looks a bit strange in my opinion. Instead of using this shade to transform mattes, I use it in my inner corner and my brow bone for a bit of a highlight.
The matte in this palette are truly wonderful. They are buttery soft and apply very smoothly. I also love that this isn’t just a collection of browns and neutrals. The matte pinks and purples are gorgeous and what initially attracted me to the palette!
I completely recommend this palette if you love matte shades. The colors in Naturally Pretty are unique and the palette is unlike any I have seen out which earns it a top spot in my makeup stash.